IMSI Treatment In Mumbai, India
We can significantly increase your chances of conception. Thanks to our world class-facilities and seasoned staff, we boast some of the highest success rates for IMSI treatment in India.
What is Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection (IMSI)?
IMSI treatment is a fertility treatment involving high magnification to select the best sperm for insemination. IMSI is an acronym that stands for Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Injection. IMSI aims to improve pregnancy rates in IVF by selecting sperm with the best chance of fertilizing an egg, particularly when the sperm has very poor shape and size.
Many studies have shown promising results, with higher pregnancy rates than IVF with standard sperm selection methods. IMSI treatment may be an option for couples with multiple failed IVF cycles due to abnormal sperm shape.
If you are considering IMSI treatment, talk to our doctor to see if it is right for you.
What are the steps involved in IMSI?
IMSI is an advanced form of ICSI that can be used to enhance the chances of pregnancy. Here we have talked about all the significant steps involved in IMSI treatment.
- Medical evaluation: IMSI is also a relatively new procedure, so it is essential to consult with a fertility specialist to see if it is right for you. Once you have decided to move forward with IMSI, the first step is to undergo a medical evaluation.
- Sperm Selection: The treatment involves using a high-powered microscope (high magnification of around 6600X) to select the best-shaped sperm for intracytoplasmic sperm injection. This improves the chances of conception. This will help your doctor determine if IMSI is likely to be successful for you.
- Selection of eggs: If everything looks good, the next step is stimulating your ovaries to produce multiple eggs. This is typically done through the use of hormonal medication. Once the eggs have been obtained, they are placed in the incubator. The semen is then prepared to get a sample of sperm. The sperm is evaluated on the heated stage of an inverted microscope. Then under the 6600 X magnification, the spermatozoa’s head, midpiece and tail are analysed. Other organelles of the sperm, such as the acrosome, cytoplasmic droplet and presence of vacuolation within the sperm, are examined. Once a suitable normal-looking sperm is identified, it is injected by the technique of ICSI into the oocyte cytoplasm.
Embryo transfer: The embryo thus formed will either be transferred on Day 3 or Day 5 of the fresh cycle. The embryos will be cryopreserved if the transfer is planned in a frozen process.
Why do you need IMSI?
- Poor sperm quality: Doctors may suggest IMSI treatment for various reasons. IMSI is used when a man has a very low sperm count or poor sperm quality, with most of the sperm having an abnormal shape or form.
- Failed IVF treatment: If the IVF cycle has failed or you are concerns about the effectiveness of regular ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection), you might need to go through IMSI,,, where an embryologist would assess the best sperm for injection to increase the chances of pregnancy.
- Irregularly shaped sperms: Such sperm are often less capable of fertilizing an egg than regular-shaped sperm.
Advanced paternal age: Advancing age may contribute to poor quality and shape of the sperm. There are several potential benefits of IMSI, including higher success rates for men with the age of more than 40 years.
The success rate of IMSI
Studies have shown that IMSI can improve the success rates of fertility treatment by increasing the number of pregnancies achieved per cycle. Here, we have drawn a comparison chart between the success rate of ICSI and IMSI.
What is the cost of IMSI?
Overall, IMSI is a more expensive procedure than traditional ICSI; however, it offers a higher chance of success for patients who have previously undergone unsuccessful IVF cycles or have factors contributing to failed IVF.
IMSI at Fertiltree
If you’re looking for an infertility treatment that is both effective and affordable, you may want to consider:
- Offers a high success rate. Our fertility centre is more affordable than other fertility clinics. On average, our patients save over 50% on the cost of IMSI treatment.
- Our team of fertility specialists is among the most experienced in the world. We have helped thousands of couples achieve their dream of starting a family.
There is no definitive answer to this question since the scientific evidence to date is inconclusive. Some studies suggest that IMSI may be more effective than ICSI at increasing the number of pregnancies that result in live births, while other studies indicate that there is no difference between the two treatments.
The biggest difference between IMSI and ICSI likely lies in the fact that IMSI allows for a more precise selection of sperm for injection into the egg. This increased precision may lead to a higher chance of pregnancy and live birth, though additional research is needed to confirm this.
With IMSI, embryologists can examine the sperm in detail before deciding which one to inject. This technique has been shown to increase the chances of pregnancy by up to 30%.
The DNA of the sperm is in the sperm head. When breaks occur in the strands of the DNA, DNA fragmentation occurs. Males in this case should choose IMSI as their option to get the best sperm.