Jaslok-FertilTree International Fertility Centre,
Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai
- Completed her undergraduate and postgraduate medical education at KEM Hospital, the Seth G. S. Medical College, Mumbai and the Nowrosjee Wadia Maternity Hospital, Mumbai.
- Had a distinguished career with several gold medals and first ranks.
- After acquiring MD and Diplomate of the National Board degrees, trained at the Yale University School of Medicine as a Postdoctoral Researcher in Reproductive Medicine for 4 years.
- Returned to India to set up and head the first IVF centre in a private hospital at the Jaslok Hospital in 1989. Within a year of its inception the Jaslok centre was being hailed as an outstanding international centre and began receiving patients from different countries as well as from every state of India. Couples from 60 countries have availed of our services.
- Director, Dept. of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre. Currently, Director of Jaslok-FertilTree International Fertility Centre.
- Former Visiting Professor in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, USA. 1992-2005.
- Awarded PhD degree on the work done on chromosomal aneuploidy detection in arrested embryos.
- Guide for Ph.D. and M.Sc. by Research for Mumbai University.
- Editor-in-Chief of the scientific journal Fertility and Sterility Indian edition and also member of the Editorial board of the scientific journal Fertility and Sterility Science (USA).
1995: The All India Ratna Shiromani Award for pioneering work in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
1995: Outstanding Young Indian Award given by the Indian Junior Chamber.
2001: Listed by the National Institutes of Health registry (USA) for research in Embryonic Stem Cells
2001: Felicitation by Organisation of Pharmaceutical Producers of India for outstanding research in Stem Cells.
2001: The M.D. Adatia Oration Award – Bombay Obstetrics and Gynecology Society Annual Conference.
2002: Kuvadia-Shah-Vora Oration Award on Stem Cell Therapy – Implications & Importance, by The Bombay Medical Association.
2005: Selected by “OUTLOOK” magazine as one of the top 15 women in India who were a role model for others.
2005: Selected as one of the 50 individuals in the “High & Mighty Power List 2005” in India Today.
2006: Woman of the Year Award – Zonta International Organization.
2006: Zee Astitva Award for Science and Technology.
2007: Hindustan Times Woman of the Year Award
2007: Selected as 1 of the 50 most powerful Indian women by Femina Magazine
2009: FICCI FLO Women Achievers Awards 2009 “Excellence in the field of Medicine”
2011: Selected as one of the 10 most influential women of the year 2010 by Femina magazine.
2012: Women in the Driving Seat Award by Lavasa Women’s Drive for Science and Medicine
2012: L’Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards 2012 for Science and Innovation.
2014: Selected as Woman of the Year 2014 by Limca Book of Records.
2015: The 100 Most Powerful Women of Asia Award 2015 by WCRC (World Consulting and Research Corporation).
2016: Selected as one of India’s Most Powerful Women (Infertility Specialist) by Femina magazine August 2016.
2016: First in India, Western Zone and Mumbai as Best IVF Centre in the Times of India Survey 2016-2017.
2017: Zoroastrian Achievers Awards Nite 2017 (ZAAN 2017) Award for Outstanding Zoroastrian in the field of Medicine by Zoroastrian Trust Funds Of India (ZTFI) 10th November 2017.
2017: 20 years Scientific Milestones Award by American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM 2017)
2017: Life time Achievement Award (ISAR 2017, Gurgaon).
2017: First in India, Western Zone and Mumbai as Best IVF Centre in the Times of India Survey 2017-2018.
2018: Inspirational Women of Maharashtra – Women Achiever’s Awards 2018 (Presented by Herald Global) May 2018.
2018: Times HealthCare Legend Award by Times of India May 2018
2018: First in India, Western Zone and Mumbai as Best IVF Centre in the Times of India Survey 2018-2019.
2019: The Hello Award for excellence in Medicine March 2019.
2019: Awarded Society Pride of India Honors by Magna Publication Group November 2019.
2019: Felicitated by Indian Fertility Society for Lifetime Achievement Award, December 2019.
2019: First in India, Western Zone and Mumbai as Best IVF Centre in the Times of India Survey 2019-2020.